Monday, November 4, 2013

 You know how you feel when you get a brand new notebook and a sharp new pencil and there is a little thrill that runs through you over the wonder of this fresh new start?  Well, maybe it takes more then that to cause a thrill to run through you..... but I guess I am that simple.
  This new blog site feels sort of like that for me. A sense of excitement and a feeling of wanting to start fresh and not mess it up. I want to fill it with words of wisdom, words of humor, and just chatting about life in general.....   there was a (long) time in my life that there wasn't much willy-nilly about it. I "needed" order, organization and all my ducks in a row. God threw a wrench into all that order and now I wonder sometimes if I have a clue what end is up or not. But He is also teaching me to find the good in this new style. To overlook when I don't quite make the "grade". (the grade I made up in the first place)
  Anywho.....  I missed blogging since Xanga went to the sidelines. I missed a chance to just write my heart. So we will see what happens, maybe just maybe I will find a few chances here and there to write again.

    I joined the choir......   I love to sing and I always said I want to sing in a group again. So, when it was offered at church I decided here is my chance. This is a tad bit different from the way I grew up singing. (all acapella) When we learned a song, we sang it till we got it right, either by listening to a recording or to someone who knew it already. I had never sung my part with the keyboard and no soprano to follow. Once in awhile I sort of want to giggle. One of my friends who is also in the alto group was asking me how I was getting a certain note or how I knew. I just said when I hear the soprano it makes sense to me and I can hit it......  she rolled her eyes at me. Don't go asking me which b flat to hit and how to sharp it. I know what those things are but I sing by ear.  Anyway, come December I will be in the Christmas Cantata singing my heart out!  The theme is the "Names of Jesus" and I do love (most) of the songs :).

   As of today I can now say I am a Basket Ball Mom.  I love when my girls play sports. Alexis actually does a lot better academically when she is playing a sport, she knows if she falls below all A-B's she can't play. But it also gives her exercise that she wouldn't do otherwise and I am a firm believer that exercise sharpens the brain. That's a fact, Jack! I get a bit overwhelmed at all the different pick ups, drop offs, and games etc.... but hopefully I can manage it all.  I did discover I am not a fan of being a Cheer Leading Mom....  The 4th grade can't play any of the sports at school so I thought I would let McKayla participate in the cheer leading for a this year.  That was a mistake....  I know there is great controversy but it's not a sport :). There is just too much drama. I decided they don't work them hard enough and they don't get worn out so they can spit spat back and forth.  It was cute, but not again......

    There is a smidgen of the willey-nillyness in my life. It is "fixin' " to get a lot nillier as the holidays come, new workers to train, lots of decisions on our plate, but it's all good. Maybe next time around I will tackle some of the thoughts that have been rolling around.....  I have been reading the book "Idol Lies" and it's a good read. Now if I can apply it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment