Sunday, November 24, 2013

   People ask me often how in the world I keep up with my busy world. I haven't the slightest clue. If I ever wrote down what all I do in a week , and who all I have to keep track of, I would probably get depressed. There are many days I get a bit spaced out because of computer...err brain overload.  There is a limit to how many things can be processed in a mannerly fashion and I exceed that limit weekly.
   From last Monday until next Wed night my busy life is on steroids. Not only is it Thanksgiving Week, but from certain circumstances that have come about, I have had to add a few responsibilities that normally are not mine and hopefully will be taken away sometime soon. But it will all come out in the wash and while I am very tired there are lots of bright spots. It is probably because since laughter is the best medicine....  we are kept well. We laugh uproarishly many times each day. Well, I say we... it is mainly the head baker and I and now we have added another number to our mix that is laughing right along with us.
   My dilemma is this.... we have decided for the morale of all involved it would be wise to be closed, not only Thursday, but Friday also! So here is a whole, long day staring at me... empty, just waiting to be filled. Normally I always sacrifice and give spare time to my girls, but I am selfishly thinking this one may be about me.  Shall I lounge on the couch all day with a cup of coffee? Shall I clean all the dirty corners? Shall I sew curtains for my bare windows? Shall I paint a room or 2 that I have been wanting to? Shall I decorate the empty space above my cabinets that keeps glaring at me so reproachfully? Oh the many ideas that flow through my head.  Somehow the best thing that comes to mind is to lie on the beach......
   I am sure I will have plenty of time to figure it all out. :)  There is just a Thanksgiving Party in the 4th grade, McKayla is cheering at a basketball game, Alexis is playing her first basketball game, there a gazillion turkeys to tend to, and bread to bake, and food to prepare, and well...... all I want to eat on Thanksgiving Day is a big pot of greens.
   I say all this in fun and laughing.... but deep down in the serious part of me, I am very, very thankful that I am in a good place. There have been many days in my life that I wasn't in a place that I found much to be thankful for. I allowed myself to wallow in ugly and hurt and despair. Circumstances are still circumstances and they always will be. But I am thankful for the blessings God has given me.  Happy Thanksgiving, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment